Monday, November 8, 2010

New Music Blog: Dysfunkshunal Familee "Familee Reunion" Album/Thesselonius "Gregory Issacs Tribute Podcast"/Maimouna Youssef - Village Undergeound "LIVE"



Wassup people! You know there has been so much going on musically lately, that I didn't know how to start this next blog! LOL! I mean with Lil Wayne just getting out of jail, to T.I. going back to jail its just too much for ya homie to deal with!




Now! the most heaviest anticipated album of the year has dropped, and Itunes has been going crazy with the album sales. That album is called "Familee Reunion" by Dysfunkshunal Famlee. CrazyDJBazarro, Amayss, DJ Skinny, and D-Rock are the members of Dysfunkshunal Familee. The group has been around since the early 90s, and they all went to high school together as well. Now they are back with one of the most dopest albums I have heard in a long time. It took me a minute to write this blog because I have been bumpin' the album since it dropped in late October. From records like "Separate Ways" ft. 5ft of Black Moon, "Just Keep Holding", and one of my favorites "Be A Star" ft. Agony definitely makes your head nod and appreciate true lyrics at its greatest. The album also features: Jean Grae, General Steele, OC, Craig G, PoisonPen, Agony, Larry Thomas, Supreme, 9th Wonder, Ced Tha Don, DaBeatminerz, Will Tell, Bundy of Finsta Bundy, and many more. The album is definitely worth buying yall so check it out at Itunes




***New Podcasts*** As you all know, reggae legend Gregory Issacs has passed away recently. One of Gregory's true listeners, and my friend Thesselonius compiled songs in his memory. "Red Roses For Gregory" came on when I first logged on to the site, and I just had to sit back at listen for a long time. You just can feel a good vibe when hearing the melody and Gregory's voice singing on the record. For more songs check out Thesselonius's podcast at: Podomatic




I can't wait to do a full blog on singer sensation, and grammy award nominee, Maimouna Youssef, aka Mu Mu Fresh. I have heard new music from her upcoming album, and maaaaan I can't even describe how great and lovely she sounds. I wish I could of seen her up in San Francisco, CA performing recently, but I couldn't make it. But! You guys can check this video out of one of her live performances, and catch more of MuMu on youtube. When her album drops, yall will definitely be the first to know and the blog will be huge!



***Updates*** More mixtape, new record labels, and album reviews coming soon! Hopefully I'll get a chance to travel soon, and check out some DJs in a city near you a blog about them.

Also a special shout out to the legendary, X-Ecutioners. Yes people they are back and will be on their world tour starting next month in December! Please check out the website for more details, as well as booking them and other artists from the Max Agency roster.




Peace and blessings

-Arieslove
Twitters: @GetThe411Nation, @Ariesluv_MaxAgy

No comments:

Post a Comment