Wednesday, September 22, 2010

The Cut Cafe: Kool DJ Red Alert - "Tuesday Classic Collections"/DJ Mellstarr (KABOOM)/Top Dolla Raz







The power of the internet has always been said to be a gift, as well as a curse. Well with the grand opening of The Cut Cafe, the world aint ready for djs: Mellstarr, Dummy, and Boogieblind! The Cut Cafe has been open on Ustream for only a few weeks, and the line has been out the door with people dancing in the streets all morning and lunch hour. Not only does DJ Dummy wake us up with good music from The Breakfast Club, but now right after BClub DJ Mellstar has The Spin City Show! 


**Inserts KABOOM sounds** Cuz all you are going to hear are atomic bomb noises and good music being played during the hours of 10a-12a est, M-F. There is no way of knowing what djs: Dummy, Boogieblind and Mellstarr have up their sleeves, but The Cut Cafe presented us with the biggest surprise ever!! Now presenting the newest member to the One Nation Radio family, and especially to The Cut Cafe, the legendary Kool DJ Red Alert!!!










When I first saw the tweets from The Cut Cafe about Kool DJ Red Alert's show last night, I couldn't wait to see one of the best legendary djs in the world do his thing in The Cut Cafe! This man has more energy then DJ Dummy, LV, and Eddie B. Swift combined! LOL! Red Alert was movin' to the beat and mixing so well that you had to watch and appreciate why the man enjoys what he does. Everyone in the chatroom was so happy to see Red play their favorite classic jams on his new show, "Tuesday Classic Collections". Also, you can catch Kool DJ Red Alert tonight again in The Cut Cafe from 9p-11p est, and again for "Throwback Thursdays" at the same time. I would like to say thank you to Kool DJ Red Alert for blessing us in The Cut Cafe, as well as over the years for blessing us with great music!  I can't wait to see what the cafe owners have next up their sleeves! I know Chocolate Kitten will let the world know on Twitter and Blackberry for what's in store!








I came across this new emcee named Top Dolla Raz from my good friend Muse of Oso Imaging. I expected to see another mixtape as most new artists, but the records that I listened too on his website were really impressive and had me noddin'. Its really good to hear an emcee with new and orignial production. Hell I was almost ready to click on that Itunes link and download the records, but I forgot I had no money in my Itunes account! LOL! "Be Gone" ft. Killa Kash had me noddin' with the dope lyrical flow and that jazzy/funk sound that will have you bouncin' in your whip or on the dancefloor. Now when I first heard "Dead" the music immediately made me want to put on my pimp hat, and mink coat. But if you listen to the lyrics its totally about something else. I could see Dead Prez on the remix of this song, cuz it reminded me of the group when I heard Top's lyrics. "SSDD" (Same Shit Different Day) reminds us of what we see everyday in our hood or block. Check out Itunes to purchase Top Dolla Raz's new album, The Narrative, and let me know in the comments what you think of the records and his album as well.


Stay tuned for more exciting blogs to come. Also check out Pinky's new video "Bad Bitch" I love me some Pinky! Shouts out to Noir Productions. Peace yall!



-Arieslove

No comments:

Post a Comment