Wednesday, July 14, 2010

What's Hot???? League510 - To The Beat "Town Techno"

Once again I bring to you what is hot in today's music. It was late Sunday night going into early Monday morning, and I was up on twitter as usual just checking out some tweets before I went to sleep. Then all of the sudden I started to pay attention to Clear Label's tweets in my timeline. For those that don't know, Clear Label is ran by Tajai Massey of the legendary Hieroglyphics crew from East Oakland, CA. Now I was reading their tweets, and I saw a tweet about their artist League510, and their latest record "To The Beat". Now being I'm from the Bay Area, Richmond, CA, and I have always been an underground head since forever. I decided to watch the video for To The Beat.

I must say that I was really inpressed when I watched and listened to their video. When listening to the record, it automatically makes you want to dance. I mean not like in a hyphy type of way, and not to disrespect the hyphy movement because I love it but this record really had a positive vibe to it.

Also, one of the members from League510 was up around that time tweeting as well, and I had a chance to chop it up with him about their music and hip hop in general. The groups main focus is making people want to dance and feel good, and with their "out of this world" sound League510 will definitely not disappoint their fans!

The group seems very pleased and excited to work with Tajai and Clear Label on their project as well as others to come. Now I know if Tajai is running things over their at Clear Label, then nothing but hot music will be bumpin' all over the Bay Area and worldwide! I had a chance to meet Tajai and Opio before their show down here in San Diego, CA, and they are very down to earth and cool homies. Shouts out to the rest of Souls of Mischief and go buy their latest album, Montezuma's Revenge.

League510 has a mixtape currently out and they wanted me to spread the word as well. The mixtape is called Invasion Vol. 1, and its available for download at: http://b9s.n.0sp.in/. The mixtape has some good ass records such as: "In My Face" (Had me saying womp womp too! LOL), the melodic and laid back Reaquainted, the gorilla in the trunk bumpin' Simple Things, and of course To The Beat.

For more information about League510, you can contact them on twitter: @League510. Also for more info about their show appearances or info about Hieroglyphics, check out @CLEARLABEL on twitter as well.

Much respect to League510 and Clear Label Records. Now check out their videos for To The Beat, and I'm On and let me know how yall like them in the comments section. Hell I need to be on one too, after seeing them party like that! Don't try that pillow slidin' down the stairs shit either! My brother and I used to do that when we were little, and busted our heads wide open! LOL! Until next time, peace outttt!


 -Arieslove

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment